That old Gerber has never skinned a deer! I've owned it over 30 years, bought it with the idea it would be a good deer skinning knife, but I just prefer fixed blades and have plenty of them to pick from. I used a different Gerber folder once - didn't like all the gunk that I had to clean out of the blade well after cleaning the deer. The M70 bolt guns do have Leupold 2.5-8x36mm scopes (different vintages), the M88 has a Leupold Century Limited on it (3-9x40). They don't look worn, but are in pretty good shape (the M70 STD is a 1961, the other two are from 1963 - bought them all used). The M70FW was rebarreled and reblued about ten years ago; I cropped the pictures to take out the worn areas on the stocks (a little worn finish, mostly near the butt). The M88 is about 90 - 92%, up close it looks more worn. I hope we can keep this thread going; a couple of nice rifles there Reelman, especially that high grade! I always like to see what you guys own and use! Nice M70 RGK, you posted while I was (slowly) typing.

Last edited by Odessa; 10/13/14.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge