Shot a spikeXfork buck 8 minutes or so into opening day of muzzleloader season one year. Loaded the guns at the truck and Dad and Sis walked across the culvert to the other side of the creek. It was light and the plan was a slow push of the creek with them on one side and me on the other about 1/4 mile down to where we would all sit together and watch a wheat field. Made it about 50 yards from the truck when I spotted a buck about 70yds ahead making a scrape. Pulled up my Missouri rifle, set the trigger and clobbered him with a roundball. He went straight down and never even kicked.

I had bought that rifle secondhand about a half hour before dark the night before. Gave the guy $50, loaded it and took a shot at sheet of plywood in the yard, the file adjustable sights shot to POA with 90gr of 2f so I was ready.

Baby Sister had never been in the field when me or Dad shot a deer before that and came running across the creek when I hollered that I had got him. We walked up on him together where she exclaimed, " WOW Bubba, he sure is little". Good memory hadn't thought of that frosty morning in a long time.