Well I have been wanting a inexpensive ar-15 to throw around in the feed truck, mule, and tractor. I picked one of these up for $600ish and taxes and it feels to be very good quality. I took it apart to clean it and to mainly look at the internals to see the corners they cut but don't see any except maybe the trigger that is 8lbs but broke pretty clean. I put a JP Enterprises spring kit from Brownells in it and its now just a hair over 4lbs. I was rushed for time feeding the cows before work but the girls and I took it with us and after feeding the cows went to the creek. I found an empty water bottle and got back 50 steps and with open sights supplied from the factory shot about 3inches to the right the first and second shot. Held left and took it out ( will adjust the sights when I have more time and able to rest at the bench ). Went to 30 yard and let my 5 year old daughter take a shot at it, she sent it to the bottom first shot, and boy at the big smile she had on her face. Got another bottle for my 9 year old daughter and she to sent it to the bottom first shot and was just as big a smile on her face. On the ride back to the house the youngest looked up and asked " daddy this is a keeper rifle right? " and how can you tell a little girl with big eyes no right.

I plan on shooting it lots more before I for sure give it the 5 stars but so far for an inexpensive ar I would say its way under priced.

http://ruger.com/products/ar556/models.html

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.