I've seen foxes shot on The Rock by guys using 375s, the same hole in and out is BS. Foxes have skin like damp Charmin TP and almost anything will blow the hell out of them if it exits. Pard of mine had some spectacular exits using HPs in his 10/22 magnum, went to fmjs and headshots and cured the issue. I'm not worried about the bears anyway, been hunting there for years and never had a problem as long as you're alert and don't dally after shooting a buck. Get them dressed and get to the beach, keep your head on a swivel and let them have the deer if you have to.

I was just thinking, maybe hoping, that the 20s wouldn't have a tendency to exit. And I do try to stay off the shoulders as best I can.

VarmintGuy, funny you should mention Afognak. That's actually where I'm headed, always hunted the main island before but have an opportunity to try Afognak this fall. I've heard that the foxes are thick as flies there, more so than where we usually hunt which will be amazing as I normally see between 6 and 15 in a week of kicking around on Kodiak. I have shot them with deer rifles and not had any problems, but have seen a bunch of them blown in half with everything from 223-416s. I figure that short of a small cased 17 I'll have the best thing I could be carrying. We shall see.