Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'm nostalgic for dose days as I believe the late 40's, 50's and 60's were this countries golden age.

Because the industrial capacity of the rest of the world's factories had been bombed to oblivion and we where the only nation who could still produce anything.

At the end of WWII we owned 80% of the worlds industrial capacity. Yes, that was a gold age for us, but not because we were so great, but because everyone else was suffering from the most tragic war in the history of the world.

Antelope your words seem to come right out of the teacher's lounge. Yes, I'm generalizing and not all in academia are infected by liberalism. Not quite all. I was a teacher for a couple years before going leaving and going another direction.

We did not start WWII if you recall nor were we anxious to "impose imperialism" on others until Pearl Harbor was bombed into the mud. Another small detail often omitted in selective history's is that, post-war, we essentially rebuilt a good part of the world, meaning those that brought the war on in the first place.

No one said the US was or is perfect; But extending the Blaming America Apology Tour is just phony baloney.