Thanks again all for the words of encouragement. At this point my season's been such an uber success, it doesn't seem to matter what I hang my tag on. grin

For them that care about such things, heres a pic of the recovered bullet. Looks just like the one I shot into a line of milk jugs before season. Had it impact been back a little it would've absolutely nuked the vitals, but I want something that'll punch a shoulder if I need it to. I've always had good luck with Interlocks, 165s and 180s in my 06, and 225s out of my 338 RUM (that were screaming) but this left me a little cold. No harm no foul, deer's down. Kick in the pants is I had a load worked up with 95 gr ballistic tips, but didn't have enough left over to practice with and have a pile on hand for season, and several stores had the 100 gr Hornady's so being my thrifty self I went with the Hornady's. I left the heart for the coyotes, and it was dark enough I didn't take the time to care it up. Wish I had now, as it could have been either a bone shard or a little piece of lead that put the hole in it.

[Linked Image]

MAGA