The last two CO 1st Rifle elk seasons my feet have been a bit chilly at times. 7-9" of snow last year, temps in the upper teens and 20s first thing in the morning this year. My feet are only cold if sitting for a long period or simply standing around camp in the evening. Currently I am wearing Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots. They are uninsulated. I love the fit, support, grip, everything about them, except warmth. I wear a single pair of wool socks. My feet tend to sweat a bit so breathability will be important. I am debating whether to try a better sock combination or some insulated boots. I just picked up some Thermasilk sock liners to see if that will make a difference. For new boots, I tried on the Meindl Perfekt, Meindl Denali and the Kenetrek Extreme Hunters. Did not like the Denalis. The Perfekt and Kenetreks both weren't bad. Definitely stiffer and a small concern about heel fit. My bigger concern, and why I'm posting this, is how will an all leather boot breath with my sweaty feet once the temps warm up during the day? Any experience out there?