I didn't shoot him but had been scouting him for a while. I've been letting a neighbor kid who just started hunting about 5 years ago on the place. Hunting was new to him and he started with a bow. He learned well and has killed a two or three does and a small buck on my farm along with a handful of spring turkeys, all with his bow.

This is a buck I've been watching for the past couple months and figured he was the one for this year. I'd seen him quite a few times in the fields on my home place less than a half mile from my house. He shot him Friday evening just about dark. I heard the shot from my house and texted him to see if he needed any help. He said he had hit a pretty good sized buck and he ran off and he planned to wait a couple hours then go looking for him. I went along to help him and one of his younger brothers. It took an hour or so as there wasn't much external blood loss except for a couple places he laid down. We obviously did eventually find the buck and the neighbor kid was really pumped.

[Linked Image]

19.5" inside spread with good mass. He's got about 6" of main beam broke off already, a tough looking buck for sure.

Funny thing, he was standing about 20' from where I shot my biggest buck 3 years ago.

Black Cows Matter!