I agree with squesh that the P938 is marginal for pocket carry. (I owned and carried a P238 for a time, but I sold it.) I also agree with BigNate that the P938's are popular with the public. Strangely, I don't know anyone who carries a P238 or P938 in their pocket. Lots of Rugers, Kahrs, and Kel-Telcs. Currently, I know 2 people who own either a 238 or a 938 and neither carries in his pants pocket. They'll carry in a jacket pocket but not pants.

Personally, I rarely carry in my pocket, but for me, only the smallest, lightest guns are appealing to me. If I ever put my Kahr PM9 in the front pocket of a pair of khaki pants, it still feels clunky and heavy, and it weighs just 14 oz empty. It's also more than half an inch shorter than the P938.

I don't really care whether Sig offers a .40 cal version of the P238/P938 (will they call it the P438?), if I am looking for a pocket gun, it won't be any of those.

EDITED TO ADD: By posting this, I'm not agreeing to the rest of what squesh posted. I won't comment on it. I just thought the "pocket carry" issue was worth discussing, having seen a number of guys buy a gun for pocket carry and then end up leaving it home, because it is too big for pocket carry.

Last edited by Waders; 10/20/14.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.