Originally Posted by clos
I think I can live with the velocity but not so much the weight. as she sits now she is a couple ounces over 10 pounds

I would look at other components to find out where the excess weight is lurking.

A lighter stock, a lighter scope, aluminum rings floorplate or ADL mag box. You can save significant poundage there. I am more a fan of lightweight stocks, scopes and mounts than I am of skinny barrels.

If you can trim some weight in those other, less important areas, then you might consider throwing $100 at fluting the barrel to save a few ounces, but that is the last place I would look.

I also wouldn't worry about 50 fps one way or another. You are way ahead of the ballistic game choosing any of the high BC bullets available in 7mm.

At 800 yds, whether the bullet starts 50 fps faster or slower is mostly irrelevant.

It sounds like your rifle could be near perfect with a few minor changes. I have #3s that are much lighter than yours with nothing drastic.

It won't beat a Montana in the weight department so spend that $1200 carefully if you are going after a true lightweight.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...