Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by cwh2
Those ratchet pulleys are pretty damn handy for when you run out of hands.

It doesn't ratchet, but I use one of these quite a bit for "general pulley" use:
Petzl Pulley

I don't have any idea what a kilonewton is, but its rated for 23 of them.

1 kilonewton =
224.808943 pounds force

Most of the newer lifting and torquing tools are rated in Newtons or Kilonewtons as part of our indoctrination in the international metric system. Some have secondary ratings in lbs. or ft./lbs. Better get used to it, we may have no choice soon.

Back on subject, quite often there isn't much to lift an animal from where I kill a deer or elk, so if I need to quarter an animal I usually bring some clothesline weight rope and tie off the legs to keep them out of the way, skin the animal one side at a time on the ground, and spread the skin out to place the quarters on and keep them clean. Learned this trick many years ago and used it extensively on a moose hunt in Alberta. Cleanest quarters I've ever taken out of the field were doing it this way.
We usually do our hanging and skinning back at camp back at camp if possible as we always have a meat pole hung for this job. These pulleys or a come along are very handy there for sure.

Bob

[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books