Another quick Remington woe story, I bought a brand new M700 CDL 25-06 when I returned home from one of my trips overseas. It was a beautiful rifle and I expected it and myself to become great friends. Well, long story short it wouldn't keep any of my handloads in any sorta group, like 1 shot would be 12" away from the other. So, after trying a bunch of powder combo's and bullets, I bought a box of 100 grain Remington Core Lokt's. Well, the first one I tried to put in the rifle wouldn't chamber..

I couldn't figure it out, as 3-4 of them in the box just wouldn't chamber. Enough of them did to get the same results as the handloads..

Well, once I measured the base to shoulder, I saw the ones that wouldn't fit were about .015-.020 longer than the others..

When I called, they sent me a label, I sent them back and I was refunded, but man, would I have been livid would that have taken place during a hunting trip. I actually like the Core Lokt bullets in some cartridges, but I am very critical of their loaded ammo anymore.

Turns out the rifle just needed to be floated, it was bedded so tightly at the forend tip I couldn't even begin to pull it apart. I pillared, glassed and floated it and it came around pretty decently.

Ended up shipping it down the road for a Model 70, but I did like that rifle a bunch.

Semper Fi