Had an amazing time hunting New Mexico. Myself, brother and Dad all had tags. We scouted a few days and had some good bulls spotted only to be busted on opening morning by a quad driving up the canyon. Never did find them again.
While chasing after them and circling back we ran into 2 bulls that we making their way up the ridge. They spooked and my brother and I took off after them. Coming to a big flat we werent sure which way to go. My dad caught up and said he saw them go left. We thought they went right. Standing there discussing the plan my brother looks over and spots them coming through the junipers. We setup and I waited but nobody took a shot. The lead bull turned and faced us trying to figure out what we were. I fired and he staggered and dropped in his tracks. I had my first bull and with a muzzleloader! The shot was 274 yards. The packout was heavy but well worth it.
My brother ended up taking his bull on the 4th day after some close calls on a few other bulls.
We had a great time and did some fishing also. I can't wait to try and draw the tag again! Hopefully sometime in my life I can hunt it again.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]