The first ammo that I shot in my then new .30-06 over 50 years ago were Remington PSPs. I don't remember what weight they were but I suspect that they were 150s. I killed a few small Texas whitetails with them and they seemed to work just fine at the time. I would be hesitant to use them on deer in areas where live weights consistently ran in excess of 150 lbs, but that's just me. They might kill larger deer just as well with properly placed shots.

I have four boxes of .35 Remington with the "High Velocity" banner on the box that I found in a hardware store in Colorado a couple of weeks ago. I recently received a Marlin 336 SC as a gift and was looking for brass and/or ammo. One box had a price sticker that said $8.95, while the others were all marked $9.95. The proprietor said that he had a bag with some more that I could have. He went to the back and returned with a zip-loc bag containing 22 rounds of Remington factory ammunition. The brass cases were all discolored and a thick white fuzz had sprouted on the exposed lead on the bullet tips. As soon as I get caught up on domestic chores, I intend to shoot some of both and chronograph a few rounds just to see if there is any deterioration in performance.

Last edited by mudhen; 10/23/14.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...