I failed to trust her. I shot a doe deer with my muzzle loader and as usual, I took Kate to find it. I always do this even if I see the deer fall. Anyway, we went to the place where the deer was standing and She started to pull me along.
By law She has to be on a leash and so She pulled my 6'4", 285 pound through the brambles and vines for about 60 yards and I have not seen one drop of blood. I decide that She is on the trail of the wrong deer, so I stop her and we go back to where I shot the deer. I tie her to my ATV and look around where the deer was standing when I shot, and I see no blood, no hair, no nothing. This is not good. I take Kate down wind of that place a little and make a circle, and She pulls me down the same trail that She did the first time and I am still seeing no blood, but I keep going. About thirty yards past where I stop her the first time, lays a dead deer. I can't figure how a deer that is double lunged with a .50 caliber Barnes sabot does not leave lots of blood, but that was the case. Big holes on both sides of the ribs and blood coming out the nose and mouth where she laid, but none on the trail. Kate knew but I did not trust Her and I should have because She has never let me down. Sorry Kate. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.