Well, Visited the Pro shop today to follow up on the elite bow.

Bizarre and interesting to say the least! First the good stuff. The 29" draw bow set to 65lbs draw shot my 420 grain arrows over my Chronograph at 279.xx five times in a row. Every shot was within +- .35fps I shoot 28.5" draw, so this was close. It's over 70FPE and as easy to draw and hold as a much lighter draw weight bow. It has zero hand shock and no vibration. It is also near dead silent. As quiet as any bow I have tried. It's really quite impressive! Also a forever lifetime warranty for any owner, (like leupold scopes) buy a used one, and it's warranty is as good for you as if you purchased it brand new.

Now the part that is bizarre. There are none for sale in the configuration I want. I also cannot order one from a dealer, and I cannot buy one direct from Elite! This is quite odd to say the least. It's a 900.00 bow and they cannot get one for me to purchase?

I was told by both the Elite dealers I visited the same exact thing. Buy one used from Archery talk and bring it in, we will change the cams to 28.5 for you and you're good to go. It will be hundreds cheaper and available now with the same warranty!

It's really odd that a dealer would suggest you not buy new from them but rather used from an on line forum! I asked this of them, how can you be in business for these guys if you point customers to the used market? The reply was

" I have cancelled more orders with elite then I have held to the point of sale."
" I have had bows on order with elite for 6 months"
" They only take orders in Jan for the whole year and once they are gone you have to wait til the next manufacturing year."
" we no longer take customer orders for Elite bows"

So this is a weird and...... I think unworkable situation! If I could find a like new used bow on Archery talk I would still consider it. But I would not settle for something close. Odds of finding exact ( except for the draw length module) might be a while? I have not checked the Classifieds there to know.

Elite is probably a good name for the company. It is an elite quality product in what seems to be very Extraordinary limited availability. If you're shooting one you must be " Elite"!

After shooting this one many times, not even set exactly as I need, it is as smooth and perfect as this modernized medieval invention can be. I may continue "shopping" to see what else I can find. There are other options to be sure. I'm not certain that one could be better, but if it's equal and with some kind of dealer support network and product availability that could be the better option.

Even as I type this with the frustration I had in finding one. I think about the way that bow feels, I want to be shooting it now. It was such a joy to draw and pull the trigger on.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)