Originally Posted by Slavek
Wonderful rifle for Alaskan wilderness. If you plan on shooting the gun on regular basis I would get replacement stock. Winchester boys do not like non-factory X-bolts or cracked stocks. Not sure if they ship to Alaska but rumor is Cheaperthandirt and SWVA have premium ammo loaded with Swift A Frame bullets at $40 per 20 rounds. I haven't seen prices like that in years. When I had my Classic Safari PMP 300 gr soft points were $17 per 20 pack.

Crossbolts are the best thing for a 375 H&H stock. I agree with you about cracked stocks though. However,That stock has an aftermarket pad. If it's been shortened any, 1/2 the value is gone in that stock. If that's the case, I'd glass bed the dang thing with some good ol Devcon 10110 and hunt the hell out of it. It's inevitable that the stock will crack over time due to excessive recoil. A good Micky is in order if the OP isn't willing to glass bed the original stock. I've read somewhere that the pre 64 model 70 is Alaska's state rifle, and that is a prime example of a fine pre 64 model 70.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA