I bought one of the first Loaded models, seems like the late 1990s, but not sure. Later versions are improved from that one, though. For example, mine has a milled front sight while the new ones have a dovetailed front sight.

I have personally gone back to preferring more basic 1911s, i.e., without all the bells and whistles. Basically, the Loaded model is a bargain basement way of getting a 1911 with the bells and whistles that were at one time considered desirable custom features, i.e., you had to have your 1911 sent off to a custom smith to get them on, and it would cost you a pretty penny. Springfield saves you that expense by putting them all on there at the factory for you. No special tuning involved, just the features that used to be considered custom.

Springfields are good guns, and if you like all those features, the Loaded is a good way to go. It's not a custom tuned gun, though. If you want one with all those features, and want it with a nicely tuned action, then you're talking about the TRP. I've got one of those, too, and have been 100% happy with it.

My Loaded, when if first came from the factory, had problems, but Springfield fixed it up perfectly at no cost to me.

If I found myself without a 1911 today, and wanted one, I'd go with the stainless Mil Spec, which I have as well. It comes just the way I want it.