I jumped on the Encore train when I moved to Iowa and didn't want to shoot shotguns at deer. I bought a factory .454 Casull barrel and ran cast bullets through it. 1-2 MOA was normal from 50-100 yds and I could consistently bust milk jugs at 200. I switched over the .357 Max a few years later with a little more precision. I currently live in Minnesota and shoot a 17" MGM .260 Rem barrel that I can hold MOA out to 300 yds for deer hunting in the slug zones. I have worked my trigger over and used custom barrels and I'm very pleased, but if I could use a different rifle I wouldn't own an Encore. It's a niche product for me and fills that niche very, very, very well. But I'd much rather use almost any other rifle in my arsenal. I had a 6PPC barrel, TC factory barrel, for several years and shot more than a couple of 10 shot groups in the .3"-.4" at 100 yds.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile