A few months ago I started a thread with a question of how much recoil reduction I could expect by putting a muzzle brake on my .06. Of course very very few answered the question and several gave me a ration of crap of how stupid I was for doing it. Especialy Big Stcik who in my opinion is actually a little twig when talking about killing elk. Before I put him on ignore,amoung other things, he said I could not even sneak up on glass of water.
So I had the brake put on,bought a set of Howard Light Shooting muffs,checked my gun, and went elk hunting.

This was my 2nd elk this year,as I also killed one on opening day in muzzle season. This elk, I killed the 2nd day of the 2nd killed season in Co. I used some old Speer 180 gr bullets, 57 gr of 4831,as I was hunting in more in country and didn't use the 220 gr RN I usually use. It is a smallish 4x5.

I put the muffs on right before I got to my stand. They do keep your ears warm and enhance sound 3X ,but cut out for loud gun shot noise. They worked great for my reduced hearing that I have.

Guess I know a little more about this elk hunting than all the naysayers.

125 yard shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is the country I was hunting. He did a death run between the opening of the pines.

[Linked Image]

Then fell down into the small revine.

[Linked Image]

This my little pack mule Roscoe.

[Linked Image]

Laughin all the way to the freezer.

Last edited by saddlesore; 10/27/14.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles