Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I use the discontinued Pentax Pioneer with the Ballistic Plex that I got cheap from Doug at Cameraland. I had to calculate the distances where the hash marks were dead on, but you would have to do that anyway with a dedicated muzzleloader scope. There are so many powders and bullet combinations that it is unrealistic to expect the hash marks to line up with all of them. There is no need to pay higher prices for a muzzleloader scope. Good glass and a lot of eye relief are what I want.

I agree, and if I could have anything it would be a Leupold FX 6x heavy duplex, but I also think there maybe something to the trajectory compensating reticles. The trajectory with our load is such that if we could not make a spot on shot at close range if it is zeroed at 100, just too much vertical guesswork. I wish we could have something that would allow spot on use at 50, 75, 100, and 125. Probably won't ever shoot over that.

So do I understand that the 200 DOA reticle won't work with a muzzleloader because it was designed for a shotgun? That is somewhat disappointing.