for the record, this is my hometown.

also for the record, this is 100% pure BS. i know for a fact. the guy has forever changed my opinion about Fox News. it is sensationalism and half-truths at best.

i sit in front of "EC Alexander" every friday night during football season. my children sit with him and his wife. he is a decorated combat veteran with a lot of combat jumps. i can assure you with 100% certainty that this article, the supposed facts in it, the quotes attributed to the teacher, the student and the students parents have been used in a very misleading and incorrect manner by a person who is purporting himself as a journalist.

this is a small town. 11,000.

nobody on this website has more conservative values than me, or Ed Alexander. i can assure you, nobody in his school system, or my hometown is teaching this crap.

what really happened? the teacher in question printed off a bunch of research material for her lesson on Mount Rushmore. some of it was good, somehow this one from the islamic state got downloaded. it was put in a trash/recycle stack on her desk. the students were told to pick up their homework assignment on their way out, and one of them inadvertently picked up that paper and took it home.

when the parent found it, they called the teacher. you can see the teacher's initial quote to the parent was something that the author of the hit piece made to sound evasive? something like "i'm not really sure what handout you are talking about"? that's because she really didn't know.

then later, she figures out what must have happened and said "oh, they weren't supposed to bring that home".

which this author made sound like the teacher handed these out to the whole class and said "ssshhhhh, this is our little secret, don't tell your mommy that i'm trying to brainwash you".

when in fact, what she meant was, "that wasn't a flier i handed out to the class, it was garbage/recycle and not a take-home". but the teacher had no idea Fox had a hold of the story and it came out sounding the wrong way.

folks, don't believe everything you read.