I made my daughter go to the range today, that's right I made her. I've been struggling lately getting her to shoot. I don't want to force her, but deer season is coming up fast and she needs to shoot.

I asked her if she liked hunting, and she said yes but she didn't really like shooting anymore. So she reluctantly said okay to shooting when I told her that she didn't need to shoot a lot she just needed to shoot. I also threatened not to take her hunting in OK for Thanksgiving.

So since she's getting bored with punching paper I decided to switch things up. I had her hang up a paper target at 100 yards and have her take one shot. We walked down and saw that her zero hadn't changed. So we went back to the bench and I adjusted her scope up 3.5 MOA and told her to shoot the gong at 300.

I got a "WHAT" from her! I told her to just take her time and send three shots at it. Then I got a sheepish "okay" out of her.

1st shot and I yelled out "HIT!", she just grinned at me. 2nd shot she missed, I asked her what happened she simply stated "I jerked". I told her to take time with her next shot and do everything like her first, 3rd shot "HIT!", 4th shot "HIT!".

We then packed up everything to head home. Then we walked down and took a look at her target. 3 out of 4 on target and she knew what she did wrong on her miss, that makes for one happy dad. The load is a 125 grain NBT at 3000 fps out of a .300 Savage, and I told her we should be able to "whack and stack OK whitetail" with her rifle.

Hannah with her .300 Savage M700 Classic.
[Linked Image]

Hannah's group 7.531" at 300 yards.
[Linked Image]

Walking back to the bench I asked her if she'd rather shoot at 100 or 300? She said shooting at 300 was a lot more fun. So much fun that tonight when she prayed at supper she thanked God for shooting.