If you can get an awning as part of the tent for reasonable money, I would get it. I sometimes wish I had gotten the vestibule awning for out tent, but just didn't think about it when other things about the tent order were going through my mind at the moment.

In the end, if the weather is good, we usually sit around the campfire in the evenings. If the weather is bad, we are usually inside the tent at the table BS'ing, having dinner, looking at maps, or playing cards.

One other thing we finally got that makes camp much more comfortable- a toilet/privacy tent. For about $40 you can find them at many stores and online. A small tent like a shower tent with no floor that covers your out door toilet and keeps you dry in case it rains/snows during your business. Wanted one for years and finally got one this year and it is a great comfort going out in the middle of the day/night and knowing you won't be soaked when you get back to the tent. Especially since going in the middle of the night usually means going out in your undies and boots and not much else.....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.