Originally Posted by MachoKing
I bought a package rifle from savage for my wife to shoot. I decided I would try it out and fill my cow tag. At a range of 130 yards on 3 different days I missed. Point blank range, cross hairs right in the kill zone. Nothing. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a lead cow, cross hairs right where they need to be. Nothing. Pull up again, try to put another toward her boiler room. Nothing. Fine, I'll shoot her in the head. Nothing. She turned ass towards me so I aimed at her opposite shoulder and tried to zip one up her. Nothing. Needless to say this has never ever ever happened to me. My hunting partners were pretty fed up with me missing when they push elk on top of me. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if there is parallax in the scope or if it doesn't hold sight or what. Super frustrated.

Why do so many guys say we shoot smaller cartridges better? I thought only magnum lovers missed everything they aim at, or it goes in the gut yada yada yada... whistle. I'm also wondering what scope you are using, since you think it might be a parallax issue?? Are you getting buck fever? Cow fever? How does the rifle shoot at the range in field positions?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA