Originally Posted by bea175
Nice Buck , what county ?

augusta county ,1/2 mile from the shenandoah national park. i think this one is my 45th buck killed in the same area. i've hunted it sense i was 13. its a 3mile long wooded hill that has nothing but farm land around it. they always eat good.this year with a heavy acorn crop its hard to get them to move during the day. i've seen 6 bucks so far this year from that stand. this was the first shooter. shot him at 5;45 pm at 38yds. waited 25min and got on his trail . i followed him 200yds or more and finally figured i was getting him up so i backed out til thursday morning. it was 38deg so he was fine. found him piled up about 80yds from where i stopped following him. he's my biggest crossbow buck and heaviest body weight buck,so yeah. he's going on the wall.

i'm not hearing of anything much being killed in this area so far. i guess they are feeding at night with all the acorns we have. last year there was no mass crop. they have killed 2 small bear near me one 150lbs and one 135lbs. with muzzleloader starting saturday state wide some big will fall soon.

Last edited by srwshooter; 10/31/14.