Well my kid pulled it off. He finally scored on a PA whitetail buck. 1st Buck 1st bow kill. About a 90 inch 8pt on public ground. Saw the deer once, it busted him once. Conditions were perfect Monday, left him play hooky. 12 ring shot at 10 yards. Deer went 75 yards or so and piled up. He had the deer in range for several minutes before he got a shot. I heard the deer crash, had my phone in hand when it rang. Waiting 30 minutes before I came down out of my stand to recover, not real sure who that was harder on. Deer was down a full hour before we started trailing. Muzzy 4 blade is nasty, followed the blood at a normal walking pace.

He is an honor role student, wrestles almost year round, hits the gym 4-5 times a week plus practice. Shoots every chance he gets, he has worked harder to get this deer than any 2 guys I know. Last few seasons have been slow and full of twists. Most kids his age, just turned 16 in May, would have hung it up. Lost a nice one last year, plus public ground BS. All that and just not seeing game. He hung in there. Had to share. Gotta figure out how to post pics.