Originally Posted by local_dirt
Pat, nice work on stock of first rifle. Would like to see the Alaskan. Second rifle looks like a real keeper, too. I likes me some .270, myself. Great shooting.

BSA, you always crack me up when you post those targets. You are a friggin riot with that. Here it is. It is what it is. Hilarious. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Ha ha. If for nothing else, it is good entertainment grin. I always have a little fun doing it too. Hopefully you guys don't take me too seriously. I love the shooting sports, have belonged to many gun clubs where I've shot competition trap and won quite a bit of money doing it. However, my love for rifles has always superseded the shotgun end of things. About 4 years ago I got an infection in my left eye that almost caused me to go blind in that eye. I shoot left handed, so it ended my trap shooting. At the time I was making about $100/weekend with my shotgun, so I gave that up and went back to shooting rifles. My eyesight was down to 20/80 in my left eye and lines were not straight anymore (like macular degeneration). Crosshairs were really screwed up to look at. My first eye injection was on a Friday night and I shot rifle comp the next day with my FN PBR XP 300 wsm and my hunting loads. I averaged 100-9x on my targets (10 shot groups) . My eyesight is much better now and I have not had to have an eye injection for 3 years almost to the day. I realize I post a lot of target pictures, but I feel as though I am lucky to even be shooting and even more blessed that I can still hit the bull grin. I hope everyone here has successful hunts this year and shoot straight. Make that shot count!! I'm really looking forward to my bull elk hunt that starts on Nov. 8th!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA