It would be cheaper to have the barrel set back and have it rechambered to 25-06 or 25-284. More money in your pocket and and easier sell IMHO.

Bob

I really like your idea. The problem is the barrel has been salt bath nitride treated so it can no longer be machined.

I purchased the 6.5mm Pac-Nor barrel because I was going to change the .257SLR to a 6.5SLR based on a .270 Winchester case. Then I discovered the 9.3X64 and ordered a reamer that sorta matches the .264 Win Mag without a belt with a longer neck. The 'smith thought there is not enough shank for the larger diameter so I decided to use the barrel in the manner in which this thread started.

Presently the rifle weighs 5lb 9oz including the Talleys but without the Swarovski z5 5-25X52BT (which is not for sale at this time). The action weighs twenty-six ounces. The 6.5mm 26" Pac-Nor barrel weighs forty-one ounces without cutting the chamber or threads or trimming to some desired length. The present stock weighs twenty-four ounces.

If someone wants to buy the rifle as is, and the 6.5 barrel, I will throw in the hydro-forming and reloading dies for the .257SLR. That way they could fire another thousand rounds and wear out the .257 barrel before they chamber the 6.5 barrel to whatever cartridge they want.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter