Originally Posted by Godogs57
Bofors Steel 338 I took an elk with a month ago:
[Linked Image]

Pre Garcia 30/06. Made the stock myself from a stump cut of a walnut. A man that was like a second dad to me gave me the board when he was dying of cancer. He had planted the walnut on his family farm when he was a young man in hopes of getting him a gunstock out of it later on in life. It took me a year to work the stock up. I did it all from the ground up, excepting the checkering, which I didn't have the patience to do. She shoots under an inch and has taken a number of nice deer for me. Thanks Sammy...hope I did you proud!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pre Garcia straight from Finland. Our neighbor was stationed in the military in Finland and bought this, shipped it home and never pulled the trigger. Dad was at the family farm when the neighbors decided to sell it. My mom had to make the decision on her own: buy or let it go? She called me and asked if it was worth the $600 they were asking for the unfired, hang tags still intact, 30/06 Sako Deluxe! I told her to snatch it up and I'd reimburse her for it the next time I was in town. About a month later me, wife, kids came home and I picked it up dumbfounded. As I wrote her a check she asked for a kiss on the cheek. As soon as I did, she said "Paid in full". I never fired the safe queen, only replacing the collapsed recoil pad we see all the time on vintage Sakos. She died in September of 2007 and it was at that point I decided to smack a deer in her honor...but it had to be a good one. This was the first deer that appeared on the first morning I ever took that rifle out. I think I did OK don't you?

[Linked Image]

I love my Sakos....

That #2 and 3 rifle sure would take a hold of someone and never let go. Great memories