Rick
-I would bet that the "bottom" of the Y axis is not at zero value for most if any of the categories. ie: if you crop off the bottom, the ratings "appear" to have a greater separation of values.
-Amazing to see that with the lower Rc on the left side, the blades are easier to sharpen.
-Also amazing that with the higher Rc values on the right side, the blades are harder and hold and edge better.
Who wooda thunk????

I wonder if they have a maker/vendor focused on one/some of the steels to the right side.

As Vince noted, I really don't see CPM S30V at 60Rc as same as 440(C?) at 56Rc for sharpenability.

I am thinking they are pushing filet knives in 440 and hunting knives in S30V. Any body know if this might be the case????

Not saying they don't see plenty of good knives, just that they may be putting a little "spin" on the ratings.

jmho
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".