I was charged from behind and knocked down by a 205lb male black bear in the 80's.

He stood on my back with the wind knocked out of me and bit the back of my head and right shoulder several times. Each time I reached along my side to get my .44 mag out of the hip holster he bit my arm and shoulder again. I could not breath as many of you know having the wind knocked out of you can relate to.

He walked off and left me, moments after this. I knew of this bear from my research work and management. I brought in a manager of the local fish Hatchery that worked for Wa. F&G to shoot the bear a few days later. This bear was not running off, just standing his ground woofing and clicking his teeth.

It's how I know the exact weight, age, and gender. If a clumsy little black bear could immobilize me completely that quickly, I can only imagine that a lion doing the same thing would be over very quick!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)