I shot one 2-3 years ago with a 250 grain T-EZ that I thought would be bad. Through the base of the scapula on both sides. The deer was about 110 lb fawn. Same load as above, but 50 yards.

Golf ball size hole all the way through. Sounded like a juicy turd hitting the sidewalk from 30 stories up. The damn deer didn't even go down, it just sort of swayed away and then turned and ran off. Made it fifty yards or so.

I could have pushed a shovel handle through the wound and then with a person on each end walked it out to the road. Burt... like every other deer I've killed with any Barnes, that hole was the only wrecked meat, less than a hand full. The rest was just fine.

I just skinned the one I shot last night, and I suspect there might be more wrecked meat because it's a little smaller fawn and it seemed pretty crunchy. The outside of the off shoulder looks good. The off shoulder definitely took a bigger hit.

I shot two deer last year with a .223. One with a 3300 FPS 53 grain TSX, the other with a 3000 FPS 53 grain TSX. Both looked the same as the above described 250. Golf ball size hole, hardly any wrecked meat.

Ask me again tomorrow. I plan to shoot two more tonight just the same way. I have way to many deer where I live and I have the perfect set up to dispatch them. I frequently have 8-10 of them in my yard. Needless to say I am getting even for what they did to my garden.