Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Hey guys. I trapped some in high school so I'm not a total FNG, but I've been out of it quite a while. The coyotes and bobcats seem to be running all over us on some of my deer hunting places so I thought I'd get back into it a little. My son will enjoy tagging along as well so I thought it would be a good time. Where would you guys suggest I look for getting set back up? Also, when I did it before I ran some long spring traps my dad had. I see a lot of coil spring traps online, but have no experience. What would you guys recommend as far as size and long spring or coil?

===============================================================

We can use only cage traps and snares here in Florida ,sure wish we could use foot holds .
I have 170 snares oxidized and painted green -on Dec. 1st. they will go to work .

This snaring looks like it will work pretty good -if you have dense areas where predators travel through -pick up a few dozens snares that are legal in your state .
They disappear when hung right and it's no problem to put a few on each trail where you see sign .
If you can get your paws on some animal carcass place them [carcass] in dense brush give the predators time to start coming there on a regular basis . Hang your snares back away from the feed area 40ish yards give or take then set their trails to the carcass .
As stated lots of good reading at trapperman, but don't go over there and threaten to kill somebody when you're drunk -cause they'll chitcan you for little stuff like that . smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.