Recently took delivery of a 6X45 caliber rifle built on a Rem 700 action, Benchmark 1-10 twist barrel, Shilen trigger and walnut, ADL stock. I put a Nightforce 2-10X32 scope on it and took it to a farm I've hunted for years in eastern North Dakota. All of the many deer I've shot on this farm have been with a 30-06 (except for one with a .270) The deer run big and fat from eating the area corn all fall but ranges are relatively short averaging 75-200 yards. With a buck tag, I only saw does the first two days but early this past Sunday, this feller walked into a corner of the field where 6 does were feeding. He dropped with one shot at about 125 yards. The bullet was a 85 grain Nosler Partition on top of 25 gr. of H335.

All work on the rifle was done by Dave Sink out of Clemmons, NC. He has built several rifles for me and I've never been disappointed with the quality of workmanship and attention to detail. He is a true friend and professional gunsmith that I would recommend to anyone considering a custom build.

This rifle is a keeper; I might have to retire my 30-06.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by krummarine; 11/14/14.