Spot on with that assessment, it's all for [bleep] and giggles. That little 41gr load serves me well, but I still play around every couple weeks trying to eek out a little more consistency. I wish I'd had a chrono when I did the pressure testing just to see what the velocity looked like on the high side. On the lower side there was a honey hole at 39-39.5 that made good groups but only reached 2650fps.

Funny thing, like Crossfireoops mentioned about contacting Mr. Berger. From reading up on these Berger VLDs it is interesting in that they seem to have different flight characteristics downrange when launched at different velocity windows. Certainly due to stabilizing effect. But no one ever comes outright and says, "we've tested everything and for this XXXmodel/XXXweight bullet we get best flight at XXX range results at XXX velocity.

Probably what keeps most of us playing this sadistic game, is just how complicated the variables can be. Even something as modest as 5lbs more/less torque to an action screw will change the flight path or grouping. Pretty amazing fingerprint for mechanical engineering when you get all the parts flying in close formation.

I don't get involved in politics, I just pull the trigger and let the good Lord decide.