Went out again today, same place as last time. There are some big artic char in there, I've seen them I just haven't been able to get one on the line. So I strolled out this afternoon with the intention of catching a big char or at least some more landlocks. Drilled my first hole, 6" of ice so we are good there. Scoop the chips out of the hole and walk back to get my popup shanty. Get the shanty out there and attempt to set it up. Damn thing self destructed on me, 4 broken and splintered fiberglass poles ugh! Decide that since I'm there I'll fish anyway, kinda spoiled from fishing in a shanty and don't like to fish when I can't see down the hole without it. Seeing the fish from inside the darkhouse is half the fun for me, it's like tv!

Sat upon my bucket out in the wind for 2 hours trying everything in my tackle box to get something to bite. Managed one landlock, one blackfish (think mini catfish or eelpout), and my first char for this lake! A monster he wasn't! Looked like a mini snake, 9" long and big around as an Oscar Meyer. Turned them all back of course as I hate cleaning fish and don't care to eat trout anyway.

[Linked Image]