Originally Posted by ihookem
Noknees, that is very interesting. I have spent time in Utica sinse my mom grew up there. I have been to Old Forge. Some park there I recall. I also took a drive to Speculator and took a picture of West Canada creek. Some of the most beautiful country I have seen east of the MIssissippi River. Rough and rocky. I didn't know there were enough deer there to even bother hunting them. Acoording to my uncle ,lives in Whitesboro? sais he gets invited every year to his friends 300 ac up there and never goes. " Nuthin up there" he sais. Oh well.

I would guess that there are 5 or 10 times more deer in the southern tier than where I hunt in the dacks but I am getting to the age where where I would rather have a good hunt in a beautiful place than be elbow to elbow with a lot of hunters just for a better chance to shoot a deer. I think its a benefit of age.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge