Cutlas, since you haven't been here for very long you may not have seen some of my classics in the tupperwares. I'll share that with you. You might get a kick out of them. If I was made of money, all of my rifles would probably wear Mcmillan hunters compact edges or standard fill's. But it is what it is and these factory tupperwares work very well for me:

One of my favorites: It's had about 10 different scopes on it, at least 6 different stocks on it. I had it cerakoted sniper grey because at one time I thought about selling it and wanted to convince myself that after putting some money into it that it wouldn't be wise to get rid of it because I'd be losing money. It's boring and it's a 30-06 classic sporter. I usually take it along to the range when I take my other rifles. It's one of the first rifles I grab when going deer or elk hunting. I painted it with rustoleum stone texture paint in a brown color and glass bedded and freefloated it. This is not the original stock as it originally came with a nice walnut sporter stock. I don't like the sporter wood stocks at all. The ergos are all wrong for my build plus I shoot lefty:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let's just say it shoots like a house a fire. No need to post any more target pictures.

Classic stainless 7mm rem mag with barrel lopped off to 24". Much better handling. Probably like battue found with cutting his 24" sporter down to 22". I can see that as a good handling rifle too, but I have fwt's with 22" tubes if that's what I desire that day. Anyway, this 7mm has a painted Tupperware (factory) stock. It's also bedded and freefloated and shoots pretty good as well. It's sporting a new Zeiss Terra 4-12x42 scope in Leupold DD's:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA