Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by byc
Not buying what you're selling but we shall see.

Okay, so what deals can they make? What pieces and cards do they have to put into play?

I certainly don't have all the answers but there are 2 options. Let RG finish out the season, which should determine whether he belongs here and more important whether the team will play for him. If not then make the trade. What do the REDSKINS have to lose? At that point they don't appear to have a franchise QB in Griffin. So cut the losses and just concede to what was yet another terrible front office experiment.

Many are now saying RG is an insecure over-hyped QB who WAS a one trick pony. If so, those injuries took away the trick (his elusive speed) and now he wants to be someone he's not -- a pocket QB. If a bad marriage is what we have to work with then just end it after this season! BUT let him play his game for the next 6 weeks in hopes that he's not injured again. Fat chance of that huh?

In addition, time to hire a real GM who has personnel control. Bruce Allen is not that guy -- I don't care what his last name is. HE's been horrible and the Skins' draft during his tenure has been even worse. REDSKINS always go for quick fixes, which leads to desperation. Danny boy leads up a horrible organization and the front office is full of yes-men who create toxic atmospheres that inhibit success. And it now seems that RG could be the new toxic shark. But at the end of the day the smallest and most toxic shark of them all owns this team. Sure wished Mister Cooke was still around.

As for the rest of the team the REDSKINS have a stellar lineup of receivers and running backs. The defense with a few tweaks is fine. They do need a little help in the secondary. The weakest point for this team is the O line, which may explain some but not all of RG's problems. So for the next 6 weeks let the second O line step up and play for position. Going into 2015/2016 the Redskins should focus on nothing but the offensive line. As well, maybe some coaching changes. Let Gruden bring in dome of his own strategists.

The jury is out on Colt and Cousins but neither have had any consistent playing time so I say give both another season. Frankly, I still like both. In hindsight, the Redskins probably should have taken Tannehill or Kaepernick but that's water under the bridge.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!