Originally Posted by 5thShock
"...Choctaw with some Apache -she can sharpen a dull knife and slit your throat and take your scalp and hand you change before you can get your machine out of the box, lol. and do it while she is watchin tv sitting on the couch with her cat "big mikeie" watchin here...just sayin, it's a god given tallent! joe"

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308798

I got a chuckle from all of that. But I sharpen similar to your wife and I am just a white boy and my Granddaddy always had dull knives! laugh I learned watching Youtube. Now my friends think I have God given sharpening ability which makes me laugh!

Your wife is better than me though. I can't get a knife really sharp on one of those two sided silicon carbide stones from the hardware store. I have to finish it on my Arkansas Stones to get where I want to be. Sounds like a new challenge! IIRC silicon carbide is pretty close to diamond in its ability to cut hardened material so that is why it works on almost any steel, and it is cheap.

Last edited by RJY66; 11/18/14.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn