Originally Posted by Bugger
I am curious regarding the recommendation for Timney triggers. I've owned quite a few 700's and they're older ones. The only trigger I've had an issue with in the past is an old 700 '06 with a Timney trigger. Pull the trigger hard with the safety on and let off the safety and the rifle fires if loaded. I like the old Remington triggers and have had no experience with the newer ones so perhaps that's the reason for the need to change out the trigger. I've used Timney triggers on Mausers without a hitch. But I thought that Jewel made a much better trigger than Timney (expensive??). I've heard that Timney trigger housings were soft -- is that correct? Hey, I'm trying to learn here, no slam intended.

I have 5 or 6 Timneys and really like them. I also am a fan of the older Walker Remington triggers. They also have a bad reputation of firing by themselves as well. Never had a problem with any of them, but I don't try to adjust them down to nothing. And the housing on a Timney is made out of aluminum. I guess it's softer than steel. You probably need to try a new Timney.

I have several Jewells as well and love them. Those CAN be adjusted down to nothing safely. But they're costly.

The one Shilen I have I'm not too enamored with. But that's probably just me.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless