Thanks for all the input nice to see some members that are from my neck of the woods I been here at Wainwright Fairbanks area since 2002 Bob & Redleg I don't think you would recognize parts of the town now Johansen Expressway is all box stores Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Sportsman Warehouse none of that was here when I first got stationed here . I was lucky enough to spend half of my enlisted career here in Fairbanks I established some roots built equity in a home and have enjoyed the great state of Alaska for years and been on some amazing hunts. It will be a hard to day to leave Alaska but heating a home is expensive, and not the best place to grow old (long hard winters).

Redleg Im a 13B I was in the old 4/11 FA for years got there in 02 so I bet we know a lot of the same people. I have a retired military friend that just bought a nice home with 20 acres 20 miles outside of Great Falls, MT over 4000 sf home with a pole barn around $350k that seems like a good buy to me. I been looking in the Pinedale, WY area seems like the housing market is higher than Alaska which I didn't think would be the case is housing high across the board in the states mentioned? Seems like I have heard Idaho has good prices on homes but I think the hunting might be better in WY.Not taxing military retirement is a huge benefit does any of these other states have good benefits from the VA?

AK Bob what does the INNL do?

Tim