Or box blinds, or whatever they call them in your parts.

Who uses them? Or how about, what % of deer hunting do you do in various blinds, stands, etc.?

I hunt 65% out of tree stands, 30% handmade ground blind sitting on a stool, and (at most) 5% out of a box blind.

If I'm not in a tree, I take my portable little Ameristep chair and sit behind a log, or a brush pile, etc. Have taken many deer this way.

I have not sat in a box blind one time this year. And probably won't. When I go north, everybody in camp sits in a box blind with a bait pile. I use no blind, no bait, and shoot more deer than the rest combined. Always. For 20 yrs running.Not bragging when it's true, right? shocked

It seems we have skipped fall here and jumped straight into winter. Snow and wind all week. If ever I were to sit in a blind with actual walls around me, I'd think I would have done it by now. Maybe I am too stupid to come in from the cold grin

Anyway, love to hear your thoughts on how you deer hunt. Maybe even a pic of a blind or 2. In a couple hours I will go meet my bud down by the river, and we will hunt with "no walls" yet again with temps in the teens........