Originally Posted by setch
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Oddly enough I'm not sure what you will find remaining if the best or mid popular bows

I sure could not find what I was looking for. I did pay about 2/3 or a bit less for an as new " used" elite bow.

Sounds like the most popular bows were hard to find when you were shopping. Were you shopping for 1 specific bow or were you open to a few different options and took the elite because of the deal?

I still have a list of potentials, so I'm not down to exactly what I want yet. But in reviewing ads on AT, as AkMtnHntr says, the deals look good...so good, it made me wonder if the like-new/1 year old market is the place to shop rather new.

It depends...so far (sound of knocking on wood/skull), I haven't been burned on a used bow from the web. Concerns would be a cracked limb, dry-fire, tree stand drop, etc or general abuse that isn't evident through a picture.

Going through Hoffmans, you get a bit of peace of mind that a local shop will take care of any issues you have, but the intial investment is higher.

Last edited by AH64guy; 11/21/14. Reason: Spelling...I R graduated, gradu-te, got a degree...