Originally Posted by Seafire
Wow! I have used Lee Dippers for years and you lost me there..

I'm simple.. pour powder into old plastic yogurt cup..

scope out with appropriate dipper, making sure to have less than the charge I need...

Trickle the rest to charge desired with my RCBS trickler from my Rock Chucker set up..on the old 505 beam scale...

That way gives me pretty darn consistent charges...

This is what I do, except for the part about the trickler; I have never had the patience to use it. I just dribble in more powder from a small dipper. Sometimes I have to take a little back out of the pan with the dipper, but it still is faster and less annoying than getting that #%$^ trickler "primed" and clearing it out when done. Different stubborn old men have different methods. smile

On another note, the "let it flow over the dipper" method seems like it requires a rather large quantity of powder for it to work as stated. What happens when (a less-than-well-suppled) person gets down below that amount of powder?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.