fwiw,
Badger Ordnance is the gold standard ring pair to buy for a picatinny rail... If you have to buy both then also look at Badger for the rail...

PROPERLY mounted a pair of serialized Badger Rings on a Badger Rail imparts damned little stress. I've mounted hundreds of Schmidt Bender PMII 34mm scopes with Badger Rings on Badger Rails. The VAST majority of the time they never left the first ring mark after the scope was dismounted for whatever reason. I find it hard to believe they stressed a tube but so much if they don't leave a ring mark...

I've been comped with just about every 34mm ring on the market EXCEPT Badger Ordnance. Marty Bordsen has never given me anything... Other than a no headaches involved mounting system to offer my customers. They have been so good that I sold them at cost, with scope purchase, as they did away with any call backs due to mounting issues... Leupold's Mark 4 rings generally suck unless they've changed something. Cheap castings with suspect metallurgy that had the clamp foot obdurating during after multiple torque release cycles(as in 5 or 6 times). The Badgers went 1000 cycles for the USMC without obduration...

Regards, Matt Garrett.

NRA Life Benefactor Member