Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
There is a group who think that anyone can walk into a classroom and teach. The same group also thinks that certified teachers are absolutely ineffective. From my 38 years as a classroom teacher, I can say that it is not the knowledge that a teacher possesses that counts most, but it is the ability to pass that information on to the students that is most important. I worked with a few teachers whose scores on state tests were marginal but who were very effective teachers. I think they better understood the struggles of the students and went the extra mile to help the kids.

Classroom management is something that is of utmost importance in teacher success. In my opinion the tow things that teachers must possess, but often don't, are a love of learning and a love for their students. Some teachers think of students as little robots waiting to be programmed.

+1000

I have seen the same things among those I have taught with for the past 10 years. It is also painfully evident in college professors (some, not all) that have tons of content knowledge but can't convey simple concepts. The best teachers have no problem with their students understanding exactly how much they care about them!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29