Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm always surprised when someone questions an animal's ability to travel 500 or even 1000 miles.

Mankind is the weakest of all predators and there are many documented cases of a man (or woman in the Indian's case) walking those distances.

As far as the Wolves go,,,, I kinda like the idea of having a few around to hunt or just listen to in the high country.
What I don't like is the fact that the Gubment was involved in the management of them because, as we all know, Gubment could f-k up a two nagger funeral.
The feds let the whole thing get completely out of control and then dumped it on the states (sound familiar?), but the damage is done at this point. Short of an aggressive trapping/poisoning program (yea right) in the wilderness area's where the Wuff's are living large, they'll continue to increase until they completely deplete the prey and mother nature starts thinning em out for us.
Unfortunately, that day's not too far away for the Selway with others to follow.

The Wuff situation's no different than welfare, affirmative action, or any number of feel good idea's the folks we elect shove up our collective asses regardless of the consequences.

we were having a pretty good discussion in deer camp a couple of weeks ago. Mainly about the forest road restrictions prohibiting us from going where we spent a lifetime going. And, the lack of enforcement of said restrictions. Thought was another great idea by bureaucrats, and totally ignored on a local level. But a lot of this is from that center for biological diversity. Solution is to remove humans from the forest and then the grizz's, wolf's, etc have more room. I happen to like bears, and wolf's, as i am a dog person. And wolf's are canines. But i also understand the problem. As in a guy who posts on here that has a wolf den a couple miles up the hill from his house. And you have grandchildren playing in the front yard.
And I know how i would feel about it if i was running cattle.
I do know they have a number of mt lions living in the city limits of prescott these days, and they have lost their fear of humans, which is not a good thing.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/22/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO