Originally Posted by TWR
I read the book "No easy day" and if I remember right it was an HK 416 or whatever they call it and Black Hills MK 262 ammo (77 gr SMK). It was at the end of a hallway but I don't recall how close. But that's according to the book and my memory, take it for what it's worth.

I do remember the Gen 4 night vision at $65,000 per pair.

Yep, I read Owen's book also and remember it well. It was a great read! According to Owen, ONeill took the shoot from the top of the stars to a head that popped out of a door to the right, down the hallway on the third floor. It was a headshot and he was shot in the chest a few more times after the Seals entered the UBL's beddroom but there was already brain matter on the floor. The house wasn't huge so my guess is less than 50 feet. Nothing remarkable, just good shooting. UBL had had an AK hanging above the door but never took it down even with all the firing going on, me thinks he died like a ScardyKat coward wink . It was an HK416 with 77gn SMK's

I loved the part at the end of the book were Obama asked them all to autograph a picture for him and they all signed with fake names. laugh